Please hold while we spy on you

Story: The Penguin's Practical Network Troubleshooting Guide, Part 2Total Replies: 3
Author Content
grouch

May 10, 2006
12:03 PM EDT
>"AT&T and Qwest are notorious for behaving more like trampolines than routers."

Hmm. I wonder if those packets are rattling around AT&T's data storage instead of their routers.

"The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) filed a class-action lawsuit against AT&T on January 31, 2006, accusing the telecom giant of violating the law and the privacy of its customers by collaborating with the National Security Agency (NSA) in its massive and illegal program to wiretap and data-mine Americans' communications." -- http://www.eff.org/legal/cases/att/
tuxchick2

May 10, 2006
1:09 PM EDT
aieee, thanks a lot. I was in a good mood. I hope my MTR packets amused them. Hey, here's a funny idea- encrypt ICMP packets with GPG...
helios

May 10, 2006
2:33 PM EDT
encrypt ICMP packets with GPG........

Goddess of the Server, why do you tempt me so...?

beeeeeeeeep

This-is-a-recording.....helios is unable to come to his life right now. He has locked himself in his office and has become obsessed with an obscure but devastating project. He will again take calls when the entire communications infrastructure of Iran mysteriously collapses. If you are DVD Jon, please press the pound sign.

beeeeeeeeep
tuxchick2

May 11, 2006
12:37 PM EDT
Don't worry, we'll send in a rescue team, helios.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!