Article unreadable and therefore worthless

Story: Grab and hoardTotal Replies: 8
Author Content
cjcoats

May 22, 2006
7:28 AM EDT
I count line lengths of 147 characters (there may be longer ones) in my browser. As far as I am concerned, that makes the article unreadable (it is well established in human-factors research that for optimal readability, line lengths should be 55-70 characters; readability degrades badly beyond 90.
grouch

May 22, 2006
7:42 AM EDT
Your comment has strangely broken lines and unclosed parentheses. It is well- established in communications-nitpick research that broken lines degrades communication therefore, your comment is worthless.

Is this a bad hair day or what?
jimf

May 22, 2006
7:49 AM EDT
Broken ends.
grouch

May 22, 2006
7:58 AM EDT
LOL! Thank you, jimf! I needed that.
tuxchick2

May 22, 2006
8:29 AM EDT
Oh you male-types. It's split-ends. Anyway reading the article is no problem with the browser window maximixed at 1280x1024 resolution, and fonts set to teeny-tiny. Doesn't everyone do that?
grouch

May 22, 2006
8:43 AM EDT
tuxchick2:

You were supposed to be kidnapped. I gave Slippery Sam $2 and half a Hershey bar to lock you in a dungeon with a computer that only has vi and hunt-the-wumpus installed. You were not to be let out until you wrote the Secure PHP Sessions and User Authentication in 3 Easy Lessons HOWTO.
tuxchick2

May 22, 2006
11:27 AM EDT
I gave Sam three dollars and a bag of Lindor chocolates. Sheesh, frugal is one thing, but cheapskates can always be out-bribed.

jimf

May 22, 2006
12:32 PM EDT
You overpaid him tuxchick. Another $2 and a full Hershey bar would have more than done it.
jdixon

May 22, 2006
12:51 PM EDT
> You overpaid him tuxchick.

Heck, since he already had the $2 from grouch, the full Hershey bar might have been enough.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!