How will he reply?

Story: An open reply to Mr. TitchTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
Inhibit

May 24, 2006
5:13 PM EDT
I'm just wondering how Mr. Titch will reply to your and DCParris's point by point refutation of his unresearched rant. I'm curious to see if he can pointedly ignore reality once again and slog on with his pro (what, exactly) campaign of dis-information.

I would be ashamed to have anyone so poorly informed in a "think" tank.
tuxchick2

May 24, 2006
5:35 PM EDT
Probably something informed and well-reasoned, like

"My name is Olaf, I'm from France I'm not wearing underpants"
jdixon

May 24, 2006
5:54 PM EDT
> Probably something informed and well-reasoned, like

> "My name is Olaf, I'm from France I'm not wearing underpants"

He hasn't come up with anything that good yet, why should he start now?
hiohoaus

May 24, 2006
5:59 PM EDT
They ARE sponsored by Microsoft.

Their co-sponsors' sites all said so and listed Heartland as co-sponsorees, although in the last few days the label "Microsoft" appears to have been recognised as the political "kiss of death" it always has been (if not always admitting to this) and so has been secreted from view at/by many of them.

Heartland also actively support the commercial addiction of people to lethal chemicals, and even admit to at least 10% of all such users dying as a result of their use.
dinotrac

May 25, 2006
3:29 AM EDT
>I'm just wondering how Mr. Titch will reply to your and DCParris's point by point refutation of his unresearched rant.

It is not an unresearched rant. It is a piece of propaganda. Propaganda can be and sometimes is done by people who do not not what they are talking about. The best is done by people who know very well what they are talking about.

Consider:

First year law students go through an competition called Moot Court. Moot Court doesn't teach you case law. It doesn't even teach you arguing skills. It teaches you a fundamental fact of lawyering that is also a fundamental fact of lobbying and of public relations:

You promote the cause of the people you are working for. To win, however,you must know the other side at least as well as your own.
grouch

May 25, 2006
3:50 AM EDT
dinotrac: >"It is not an unresearched rant. It is a piece of propaganda."

That sums it up. No amount of arguing with such propagandists will change their tune; they can only be swayed by higher pay. The only reason to respond to them is to mitigate the damages they can cause with their disinformation.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!