support

Story: Time for Coders to Get Political?Total Replies: 1
Author Content
maggrand

Jul 03, 2006
6:12 PM EDT
Everyone give RMS and the opensource movement the support he and they all need. Send mails to the french goverment and to your own authorities. Make your speech heard.

I think the ero of people that only writes codes is over. We need to lobby too as the big ones. And think a little. If we add everyone involved in the opensource movement then we are HUGE
helios

Jul 04, 2006
4:25 PM EDT
We've (Lobby4Linux) has been banging away at that idea for years...its like pushing a glacier. My man is right, until we get someone "famous" behind us or are able to mount the Nation-wide Linux ad campaign...we are spinning our wheels. Here is the sad part. I was able to raise 10 grand in less than 8 hours...and then had to give it back. We couldn't find anyone to administrate the funds.

Major news outlets, npr, radio, we have contacted them all and it has been, "ho hum...can it make anything explode?" Someone will finally snap at the network one day and break the story:

"Revolutionary Linux Live Disk demolishes the playing field." There will be a world-wide collective groan, something akin to a penguin with gas.

how sad is that?

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!