fine interview!

Story: Interview with Simon Law, Ubuntu's "Bug Czar"Total Replies: 3
Author Content
grouch

Jul 12, 2006
9:37 AM EDT
Do you give lessons, Carla? You got responses that gave me a better insight into the processes and you did so without using mile-long questions or provocation.

Mr. Law seems to have a handle on what needs to be done and how to do it within a community. Elison should take notes.
richo123

Jul 12, 2006
10:28 AM EDT
Thanks for the interview Carla. It will be interesting to see how Simon goes. He seems to be an interface between a huge (newbie rich) user base and a highly skilled but small and busy group of developers. There's a challenge there that's for sure....
grouch

Jul 12, 2006
9:32 PM EDT
What encourages me is that he's a coder. They didn't just grab a suit with QA experience in some industrial setting.

(I wonder if GM would have had to "phase out" Oldsmobile, America's oldest automobile brand, if they had hired a few more top execs who actually ~liked~ cars, or at least got a little oil or grease on their hands).
dinotrac

Jul 13, 2006
3:07 AM EDT
grouch -

Now that it may be too late, it does look like GM finally understands that people buy cars instead of units. Damn you, Roger Smith!!

I'm sure there are others, but a few years back, they did manage to hire Bob Lutz, one of my corporate heros and a real car guy. His description of the decision to green light the Dodge Ram in Guts should be required reading for every marketing nimrod who ever misunderstood what focus group results really meant to their company and their opportunities.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!