Author Content
Sander_Marechal

Aug 01, 2006
9:28 AM EDT
Just another web 2.0 rant. Sigh.
jimf

Aug 01, 2006
10:13 AM EDT
Where do these guys come from??? Eureka!, I've reinvented the wheel!!! Not.
sbergman27

Aug 01, 2006
10:30 AM EDT
Quoting:Just another web 2.0 rant. Sigh.

No. You fail to see the real reason for the article. It's in paragraph 7 this time:

Quoting:I have CommuniGate Pro installed on my local server, and I use it to pull down mail from almost every one of my email accounts, and I have many. Yes, I know CommuniGate Pro isn't open source, but it's a terrific server and it has been working flawlessly for years. Whenever something works this well, it takes a very compelling reason to "fix" it, especially since I have better things to do with my time. I know there are excellent open source alternatives, and there have been for a long time. I used an old version of Cyrus IMAP along with Procmail and Fetchmail before I switched to CommuniGate Pro. It was a lot more work to set up this combination, but it was worth the trouble even back then. I'm sure it has improved a great deal since. I'm not even sure what else is available today since I haven't been motivated to switch from CommuniGate Pro.

I've been reading Nick's articles since before before Caldera's "Lizard" pioneered graphical Linux installers. I like Nick. He has some great, even inciteful^Winsightful, things to say.

But Nicholas, could you maybe write an article that didn't have a paragraph long testimonial regarding the Amazing and Fabulous Communigate Pro?

I know its hard to do when evaluation copies of software for you to review are coming in through your Wonderous and Awe-Inspiring Commungate Pro server. I mean, you've almost got to mention it in the review. I understand. And I also understand that many of these great story ideas come to you as you are admiring the Magnificence and Stately Grandeur of said Communigate Pro server. That simply goes without saying.

But perhaps if a sample of cologne or something arrived via snail mail, you could write an article about it (and I promise not to complain about its lack of relevance to computing) without referencing your Communigate Pro Nirvanna.

Oh. And I almost forgot to mention: COMMUNIGATE PRO IS NOT FREE SOFTWARE!!!!!!!!!!!

(Hey, I'm getting better about that.)

;-)

Sander_Marechal

Aug 01, 2006
12:14 PM EDT
Okay, okay. So it's a Web 2.0 fluff piece with ads in it.

.... a Web 2.0 fluff with ads in it .... reminds me of Windows Live ....

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!