Skip IE

Story: IE For Linux?Total Replies: 3
Author Content
maggrand

Sep 01, 2006
4:05 AM EDT
Well he has done good work. But it is contraproductive. Just drop all support for IE since it refuses to follow standards.

Its bnot hard to convince people to change from IE to Firefox. It is just to point out how bad it is. I do that nearly everyday. The hard thing maybe to dare doing it. But i'm sure most customers understand the cost of lost working hours because of virus. Money talks. And also let them know that they are on there own if they run the most unsecure system in the world (Windows). Well thats my method and it works belive me.
Sander_Marechal

Sep 01, 2006
4:27 AM EDT
If you can convice my clients to do that then I'd hire you immedately. Untill such time I will happly run IEs4Linux to test my new web designs in.
cheshire137

Sep 01, 2006
4:29 AM EDT
Sander has a good point. Making sure a site's design and functionality are all right in IE is always a priority for the groups I design web sites for, including myself, just because so many people use IE. Since I despise working on a Windows machine, IEs4Linux is a very useful tool.
dinotrac

Sep 01, 2006
4:54 AM EDT
This is the same problem you see with those who recoil at seeing proprietary software on a Linux desktop.

Personally, my belief is that freedom does you no good if freedom does you no good.

Kind of like being marooned on a desert island out in the middle of the ocean. All the freedom in the world -- to do what?

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!