scary stuff

Story: Microsoft Media Player shreds your rightsTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
jsusanka

Sep 26, 2006
1:34 PM EDT
anybody who isn't scared by this - well I just don't what to say to them.

this is just the tip of the iceberg with drm (defective by desing) - pretty soon every tv show, every document you write, everything - pretty soon when you buy a computer it will probably come with a debit card slot saying you got to pay before you can use it or get back to your documents. this is where we are headed folks - and if you don't think so - well I really don't know what to say to you other than give Linux a try and be free and make sure you make all your own dvds/cds using a free a patent unencumbered format like ogg or ogg/vorbis
Sander_Marechal

Sep 26, 2006
2:13 PM EDT
Quoting:pretty soon when you buy a computer it will probably come with a debit card slot saying you got to pay before you can use it or get back to your documents.

You're behind on times. Microsoft is already contemplating offering such computers to the poor who cannot afford a fully licensed Windows PC. If you don't pay the monthly bill, your PC locks up untill you pay. There was a thread about this here on LXer but I cannot find it now.
jimf

Sep 26, 2006
2:18 PM EDT
Rofl... What a humanitarian effort for the poor...

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!