I'm not entirely sure what this has to do with GNU/Linux,

Story: Report Says Nonprofits Sold Influence to AbramoffTotal Replies: 4
Author Content
dek

Oct 14, 2006
7:02 AM EDT
-- OSS and LXer. Microsoft is mentioned as possibly being in the funding mix If that's the only connection then, the story is interesting but not entirely pertinent. Perhaps the person who submitted this story could say a little bit more about why they feel this story is pertinent?

Thanks,

Don K.
moopst

Oct 14, 2006
1:23 PM EDT
Preston, Gates & Ellis is a law firm that I recall hearing in regards to the SCO case. I believe Gates is the Evil One's father.
jimf

Oct 14, 2006
1:30 PM EDT
it would appear you're correct moopst.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preston_Gates
dcparris

Oct 14, 2006
3:12 PM EDT
Yes, my predecessor wrote articles showing the links between Abramoff, Preston, Gates, & Ellis, and the SCO case as well. What we see here may not tie in directly, but could still be of interest.
number6x

Oct 15, 2006
8:08 AM EDT
Preston Gates & Ellis is the law firm that hired Abramoff and brought him to Washington D.C. as a lobbyist to lobby for Microsoft.

Abramoff is probably not involved in the SCO case directly or indirectly.

I think the point to take away is the pattern of the way Microsoft works. Their tactics in "competing" with rivals rarely have to do with trying to build better products, but instead involve organizations Like ATDI, people like Abramoff, and events like "grass roots" letters from the dead.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Abramoff "Abramoff was a top lobbyist for the Preston Gates & Ellis and Greenberg Traurig firms (see Team Abramoff) and a director of the National Center for Public Policy Research, a conservative think tank, and Toward Tradition, a religious right organization, during his criminal enterprise. He was College Republican National Committee National Chairman from 1981 to 1985. He was a founding member of the International Freedom Foundation, an "anti-communist think tank" which operated from 1986 to 1993."

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!