Exellent! Excellent! Excellent! article.

Story: Rant Mode Equals One: Let's Re-License RedmondTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
jsusanka

Oct 16, 2006
7:00 AM EDT
"Yeah, it's kind of boring, I know, but every once in a while, you really want some boring-ness in your life. It's nice to have the dependability of Free Software."

yes it is very boring - I am in IT and I have to simulate breakage and reinstall stuff just to keep my skills sharp. This stuff just does not break and I never have to fiddle with it. (Of course besides changing the look and feel - eyecandy).

It just amazes me what folks put up with and accept it "as the cost of doing business." Meanwhile jobs are lost and folks go unemployed and outsourced but we still manage to find enough money to upgrade a piece of crap os that just needs more money to keep it running. When will the insanity stop.

SamShazaam

Oct 16, 2006
7:34 AM EDT
I agree wholeheartedly. The cost of software is like the cost of anything else. Get the best you can for the least that you can spend. Bad economic times always come back sooner or later. The job you save may be your own.

I also love the look on someone's face when I tell them I have never had a virus on my linux system. Some people have tried but never succeeded.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!