Kudos

Story: Red Hat Rolls Enterprise Linux BetaTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
rijelkentaurus

Nov 18, 2006
6:42 AM EDT
Kudos to Red Hat for refusing to play ball. They didn't let Oracle's moves get to them, they won't let Microsoft's moves get to them. They've got such good support that Oracle will have to go a long way to get the business from them (even though panicky stock holders aren't so sure), and they know that Balmer is just yapping.

The move by Oracle might become a blessing in disguise, because if Microsoft decides that Red Hat would make a good lawsuit target, it means they will have to target Oracle in the process. They don't want any of that.

Free Software has not won the war, but I think we have won the battle for the right to exist. In the end I think we'll win the war, but that's far from over and far in the future.

I've written Red Hat inquiring as to the price of RHEL 5 Client, which will be purchasable in units of 1 and not...what, like hundreds for RHEL 4, I think? If the price is decent I'll buy it. I almost purchased SUSE a few months back for $50/yr...glad I rethought decision. If they ever write me back, I'll let everyone know. Surely I can't be the only one interested?
moopst

Nov 18, 2006
9:57 PM EDT
I bought 500 shares of Red Hat the day Larry sent the price down. I'm up more than 1000 bucks. Think I'll sell my Oracle stock.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!