even the usual tech "press" are starting to get it

Story: Linux association believes Ballmer's comments about Linux are just ...Total Replies: 4
Author Content
tuxchick

Nov 28, 2006
1:47 PM EDT
heh, this is but one of a number of articles I've seen in mainstream tech press that are finally questioning Ballmer's ravings, and not dutifully reporting every word he utters as though it were meaningful and true.

Unfortunately they still think BillG is a god. But it's progress,
peragrin

Nov 28, 2006
5:29 PM EDT
Just look at the wonderful reports and articles about the Zune. People are finally beginning to realize MSFt only copy other innovators. The zune copies the ipod packaging and even the inscription on the back.

that shows just how bad MSFT really is. People are finally seeing this. Many have questioned why Vista requires 2-3 times the hardware to run than OS X do do EXACTLY the same things.
tuxchick

Nov 28, 2006
5:41 PM EDT
I don't fault their lack of innovation. There are very few true inventions, almost everything is inspired or derived from something else. I do fault their evil business tactics, lies upon lies, and shoddy products.
rijelkentaurus

Nov 29, 2006
2:12 AM EDT
>I don't fault their lack of innovation.

I do fault it, or at least the COMPLETE lack of innovation. They're haven't really come up with anything since they've been around. They even lied their way into bed with IBM in the beginning with an OS they didn't own rights for...which is actually a nice example of

>their evil business tactics, lies upon lies
dcparris

Nov 29, 2006
6:50 AM EDT
Well, I would fault them for lying about their achievements. ;-) Might be splitting hairs, but what the hay?

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!