Cheap Shot?

Story: Microsoft vs. Linux: An Updated PerspectiveTotal Replies: 10
Author Content
billbar

Nov 30, 2006
8:27 PM EDT
[Hey, everyone needs some comic relief now and then. - dcparris]

This article didn't strike me as 'off the wall', so how about a little more professional critique!

Bill
herzeleid

Nov 30, 2006
8:50 PM EDT
Rob Enderle is one of the biggest microsoft shills around. If the article wasn't blatantly ridiculous, it just means he's been polishing his technique, so as to come across as more reasonable before hitting the reader with the microsoft party line.
jimf

Nov 30, 2006
8:55 PM EDT
> off the wall

Struck me as typical Corporate double talk. Trying to sound like he's saying something profound, but, actually just spouting nonsense. The problem is that many Corporate CEO's will read this and think it's based on some reality.
Sander_Marechal

Nov 30, 2006
10:19 PM EDT
I had to laught all the way through the article. It's ridiculous.
dcparris

Nov 30, 2006
10:54 PM EDT
> This article didn't strike me as 'off the wall'...

That's what's so comical. I guess you aren't familiar with Rob? Besides, I was unaware our community had gone so far as to "use outright physical attacks against Microsoft platforms". Examples, please? Proof? Evidence of the charges? What's he talking about?

The bottom line in this war is that Microsoft has long accused our community of being anti-American, violating the Constitution, and infringing on their patents, while they hire dead people to write letters to live (even if brain-dead) politicians on their behalf. O.k., well they hired a marketing firm who wrote letters on behalf of the dead people, praising Microsoft. And Rob has the nerve to tow the line? At least he admits they've lost a lot of trust along the way.

Don
dinotrac

Nov 30, 2006
11:02 PM EDT
Still, there was a theme in his piece that has a lot of truth to it...that of IT management becoming advocates for a platform. We are dishonest to deny that problem, even when it favors Linux.

In the old days, nobody got fired for buying IBM. We have all seen horror stories in the form of Microsoft solutions implemented because, well, it was what people knew.

I have no doubt whatsoever that linux has been shoehorned into places where it might not be the best choice for the very same reason.

When you have a hammer...
Sander_Marechal

Dec 01, 2006
12:59 AM EDT
Quoting:Besides, I was unaware our community had gone so far as to "use outright physical attacks against Microsoft platforms". Examples, please? Proof? Evidence of the charges? What's he talking about?

Oh c'mon. Have you never wanted to throw a Windows PC out the window?
swbrown

Dec 01, 2006
1:40 AM EDT
If Rob Enderle spun any harder, he'd break apart from the centrifugal force.

How has he remain employed and published all these years? Maybe it's like Dvorak - they keep him around just to write trolls for ad impressions.
swbrown

Dec 01, 2006
1:46 AM EDT
"Besides, I was unaware our community had gone so far as to "use outright physical attacks against Microsoft platforms". Examples, please? Proof? Evidence of the charges? What's he talking about?"

http://www.smashmyxbox.com/ ? :)
theboomboomcars

Dec 01, 2006
5:48 AM EDT
Quoting:Oh c'mon. Have you never wanted to throw a Windows PC out the window?

Every time I have to use one.
techiem2

Dec 01, 2006
6:27 AM EDT
Sticking a linux CD in the CD-ROM could be counted as a physical attack.....

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!