Any Serious Black Hat Hackers from the Carolinas here?

Forum: LinuxTotal Replies: 25
Author Content
dcparris

Dec 02, 2006
3:39 PM EDT
If you are a serious hacker living in the Carolinas - I mean a real black hat type - please let me know. Of course, you should contact me via e-mail (don _at_ lxer _dot_ com). That's all I can say about that. ;-)

Thanks, D.C. Parris
tuxchick

Dec 02, 2006
4:19 PM EDT
Wassup, Don, tired of scrabbling for an honest living? :D
rijelkentaurus

Dec 02, 2006
4:21 PM EDT
Okay, you've colored me curious. What's up and why are you after the bad guys? A story idea? Or are you looking to hire a "hit man" for some company in Redmond that you don't like? 8-)

Signed,

A guy in Greensboro, NC.
dcparris

Dec 02, 2006
6:08 PM EDT
About all I can really say is that any such individual might be interested in hanging around Charlotte for a while starting @ February or March.

TC: If only you knew how badly I'm scrabbling here. :-( But that ain't it.

As for the Redmondians, I have already struck deep into the heart of Mordor. I no longer use Windows. I'm certain that Lord Sauron is weeping at the very thought.
dinotrac

Dec 02, 2006
6:20 PM EDT
>Lord Sauron is weeping at the very thought.

Hey -- Sauron marches to his own technological drummer. After all, he's the one who stuck with Tolkien ring to the very end.
tuxchick

Dec 02, 2006
7:18 PM EDT
@dino-

OWWWWWWWWW
dinotrac

Dec 03, 2006
4:20 AM EDT
tc -

>OWWWWWWWWW

They said I was all washed up, but I still got it, I tell ya. I still got it.
SamShazaam

Dec 03, 2006
4:55 AM EDT
I suggest you cruise on over to defcon.org and check under local dc groups. You may also wish to consider going to next year's DEFCON convention. You just might fit it, Rev.
richo123

Dec 03, 2006
6:56 AM EDT
> I'm certain that Lord Sauron is weeping at the very thought.

No he's not Don. He's curing malaria in Africa. It's a funny world is it not?
tuxchick

Dec 03, 2006
10:12 AM EDT
ROFL. The gang is hot today!
dcparris

Dec 03, 2006
10:37 AM EDT
Thanks Sam! I'm registered on the local group's forum now. I had forgotten about DEFCON. I can't see how I could make it as a hacker if I don't understand baisc programming concepts, but it would sure be fun to attend a convention. :-)
Sander_Marechal

Dec 03, 2006
4:12 PM EDT
Hackers come in as varied shapes and sizes as do normal programmers. A short summary of the skills you needed would be beneficial. Social engineering a couple of hundred webmail accounts is very different from zobiefying a Windows box, which is very different from defacing websites or rooting a Linux server.
dcparris

Dec 03, 2006
6:56 PM EDT
Ouch. I don't yet have that. I need to introduce someone to someone else. The other person didn't specify anything other than skills with Linux. They just said "black hat". Trust me, it'd be fun for the black hat - sort of a spy vs. spy adventure. ;-)
jimf

Dec 03, 2006
7:22 PM EDT
Don going over to the dark side, I never thought I'd see the day ;-)
Sander_Marechal

Dec 03, 2006
10:02 PM EDT
> They just said "black hat".

Well, if they know their terminology it'll be something illegal. If it wasn't illegal then a white hat would do.
dinotrac

Dec 04, 2006
3:46 AM EDT
>it'll be something illegal

What if the hat is a beret?
richo123

Dec 04, 2006
7:00 AM EDT
Then you are either French, a communist or both Dino.
dinotrac

Dec 04, 2006
7:29 AM EDT
richo -

I knew it! French Communist hackers are undermining everything we hold dear!

I think therefore I rant.
jdixon

Dec 04, 2006
9:18 AM EDT
> Trust me, it'd be fun for the black hat - sort of a spy vs. spy adventure. ;-)

Hmm, sounds to me like we have a case of industrial espionage going on here.
dcparris

Dec 04, 2006
10:28 AM EDT
No. I know more than I am saying. It is a strictly legitimate exercise. However, I would need to take up the issue in more depth via private e-mail. But maybe I should convince Bob to provide a mechanism for this kind of post.
Sander_Marechal

Dec 04, 2006
12:02 PM EDT
> It is a strictly legitimate exercise.

Then get a white hat. You do know the difference right? White hats and black hats use the same tools & techniques. White hats use them to explore, test and piss off black hats. Black hats use it for personal gain. You can't trust a black hat. As a bonus, white hats are far easier to find than black hats. If you want a really good black hat hacker you have to know your way around the cracker, spammer, virus and zombie world. There is _no_way_ a black hat will accept an offer like that. If he does, it's not a black hat but a n00b script kiddie.
jezuch

Dec 04, 2006
2:04 PM EDT
Quoting:I think therefore I rant.

Holy cow!! May I put into my sig?? :D
dcparris

Dec 04, 2006
3:50 PM EDT
> Then get a white hat.

As I've said, I ain't divulging the details here. One person locally mentioned knowing some black hats, but questioned whether they would want to 'out' themselves. That's a problem in this case, but maybe a former black hat - if there's any such thing - would serve nicely. I assume some of these guys cross over from time to time.
tuxchick

Dec 04, 2006
4:17 PM EDT
Here ya go, Don: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lone_Gunmen
Bob_Robertson

Dec 04, 2006
8:27 PM EDT
North Carolina, but I am no hacker. Just an experienced user.

I remember when I installed Token Ring IBM cluster controllers, replacing the direct-connect system. Token Ring was much, much faster. Then I met FDDI, and realized it was just 100Mbps Token Ring.

Ah, but then switched Ethernet made its debut, and once such nectar is tasted there is no going back.

jdixon

Dec 05, 2006
12:12 PM EDT
> Then I met FDDI, and realized it was just 100Mbps Token Ring.

I'm glad I'm not the only person to say that.

You cannot post until you login.