speaks volumes

Story: Microsoft answers IP questions posed in LXer open letterTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
jsusanka

Dec 12, 2006
7:20 PM EDT
you know it speaks volumes when a companies business model starts to shift to litigation.

are they going to become like the RIAA and the MPAA now and start to sue people because they have linux on a machine?

if you can't compete and play fair you must throw a chair.

microsoft is finally realizing that companies don't need them to have a fully secure and robust enterprise IT environment.

If I had software assurance enterprise license and ballmer said this shat I would throw them out today and switch to linux.

nobody threatens my business and tells me how I should run it. but apparently the cio's of today's world like to be good little employees and do what godfather steve says.

bigg

Dec 13, 2006
8:02 AM EDT
The difference here is that while there are other problems with what they are doing, the RIAA is pursuing (however poorly) copyright infringement cases. Violations of the GPL are copyright infringement that should be pursued. Copying of Windows should be pursued.

Microsoft's IP claims are a scare tactic, and that's a sign of desperation. Software patent infringement is a rather weak claim because it is so easy for the offender, if there is actually an offender, to fix.

If Microsoft believed their stuff to be superior, there's no way they'd be getting involved with this nickel and dime nonsense.
hkwint

Dec 13, 2006
11:47 AM EDT
jsusanka: Couldn't agree more.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!