stupid

Story: Novell Launches New Training to Ease Red Hat-to-SUSE Linux MigrationTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
jsusanka

Feb 01, 2007
4:56 AM EDT
this is stupid - this is nothing but more crap to throw at redhat

why don't they have a how to migrate from windows to novell suse

or

was this part of the agreement between novell and microsoft.

sorry novell and microsoft I am staying with redhat.
Abe

Feb 01, 2007
5:11 AM EDT
You know, I installed Red Hat only once a while back. I think they made a huge mistake the way they handled the desktop by pushing it onto Fodora. The way things are going, I believe Red Hat will be paying much more attention to the desktop now. I anticipate an announcement soon.

So far, Red Hat has been one of the good citizens of the community. Novell should be thrown out.
jdixon

Feb 01, 2007
6:23 AM EDT
> Novell should be thrown out.

Novell has made a serious, but correctable, mistake. Let's give them some time before we throw them overboard. It's possible that their heart really is in the right place, and it was only a brief lapse of reason that allowed them to think they could trust Microsoft to keep any agreement they signed. If so, they'll fix things eventually.

This campaign is just business marketing, and nothing to worry about. A lot of Novell's potential customers have no idea how easy it is to move from Red Hat to SuSE. Novell's just trying to reassure them.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!