users of Microsoft products are in an abusive relationship

Forum: LinuxTotal Replies: 7
Author Content
tuxchick

Feb 08, 2007
2:23 PM EDT
http://uncensored.citadel.org/amoeba-readfile.php?filename=w... Some of you have probably already seen this- it's new to me, and both funny and true.

"Let's review the classic profile of an abuser, and see how Microsoft stacks up....

...Claims you are responsible for his or her emotional state. (Third-party drivers caused that system crash, right? And it's your own fault your system is loaded with spyware; you clicked on things you shouldn't have.)"
number6x

Feb 09, 2007
3:22 AM EDT
And is always promising that they'll be good from now on. "The bad stuff is all in my past. I swear! I'll be better, just give me a chance. I've changed, really I have."

And when the change doesn't happen, go back to TC's point above. It's your fault.
jimf

Feb 09, 2007
6:50 AM EDT
The classic profile of 'the abused' would stand the test too. Abused and loving it (twitches)...
bigg

Feb 09, 2007
7:40 AM EDT
If you tell the abused to leave the relationship, they will respond "Oh, it's not that bad" and explain why all the problems aren't really a big deal. And "I should stop visiting sites with spyware, I should stop accessing the internet, I should stop trying to use my computer for work, so I'm really to blame."
tuxchick

Feb 09, 2007
8:27 AM EDT
"Oh no no, that wasn't the BSA, I just ran into a door."
tracyanne

Feb 10, 2007
10:23 PM EDT
One mans solution to the abusive relationship video.stumbleupon.com/#p=r66jwl0fdx
jimf

Feb 11, 2007
10:31 AM EDT
> One mans solution

Hilarious... but an expensive lesson :(
pogson

Feb 23, 2007
5:47 AM EDT
How about doing the same thing in bed repeatedly since 2001 or earlier? Moore's Law gives us twice the power every 18 months and that other OS keeps us from it. That is torture.

He, he, he... I just turned a couple of old clunkers in my school into Linux thin clients of my two-year old Beast and they rock! The students will blow their minds on Monday. The one is a 500 MHz PIII with Lose '98. The other is a Celeron with a severe memory bottleneck (160 MB of something seriously slow according to memtest86). Now they can access AMD64 3000 with 2 gB RAM and 120 gB RAID 1 and running lots of local services/databases. When the staff see this setup, they may well verbalize the angst they have been feeling for years of abuse/neglect. Maybe there will be a divorce. Maybe they will go for my proposal to upgrade to something better. ;-) I feel like the other man saving the woman from an abusive relationship.

You cannot post until you login.