Preparing your Linux systems for the new DST

Story: Preparing your Linux systems for the new DSTTotal Replies: 6
Author Content
tracyanne

Mar 06, 2007
12:38 PM EDT
Fortunately, as I live in Queensland, DST is something I never have to worry about. The farmers have the majority, and their cows will never be confused as to when it's milking time.
jimf

Mar 06, 2007
1:20 PM EDT
Wait a bit and GW will get that over to you guys too... Cows, you're now on Texas time ;-)
DarrenR114

Mar 06, 2007
1:42 PM EDT
You know, jimf, you may not be far off the mark there - John Howard *is* quite cozy with GW.
jimf

Mar 06, 2007
1:46 PM EDT
Let see... cows are up earlier so more methane is produced? Now how does that figure into global warming??? ;-)
hkwint

Mar 06, 2007
1:55 PM EDT
Well, if the cows get up earlier, it still will be colder than when they get up later. Therefore, they have to burn more calories to keep themselves warm, and this indeed produces more methane, and because they need more calories they will eat up more grass, which means less CO2 to O2 conversion by the grass. However, GW just fixed this by deciding the sun should go up one hour earlier, and the Pentagon is now working on this. O darn, that was classified info I just gave out. Well, folks, don't tell it to your neighbours, and remember: You heard it at LXer first!

Breaking news: GW just cancelled the operation, as the sun doesn't want to co-operate, and seams to own nuclear technology which it isn't willing to give up.
jimf

Mar 06, 2007
1:58 PM EDT
> O darn, that was classified info I just gave out

Soo sorry hkwint... you're a good guy, and it's been nice knowing you :(
dinotrac

Mar 07, 2007
4:23 AM EDT
>Breaking news: GW just cancelled the operation, as the sun doesn't want to co-operate, and seams to own nuclear technology which it isn't willing to give up.

Well, give him credit for bending more than some "environmentatlists", journalists, politicians, etc who don't waver when the facts don't go along with their view.

Props to scientists like France's Claude Allegre, who are willing to reverse position -- or at least admit to uncertainty -- if the facts demand it.

Of course, the Boston Globe's Ellen Goodman would liken him to a holocaust denier, and her authority as a newspaper columnist should trump his long scientific career and status as one of the signers of 1992's "warning to humanity", signed by 1500 scientists.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!