Penguin Pete is a weenie

Story: tux500 is a pump-and-dump scamTotal Replies: 9
Author Content
tuxchick

Apr 17, 2007
2:35 PM EDT
And a chicken, to boot. Disabling comments indeed! If you don't want to get flamed all to heck, don't say really really really really really stupid things on the Internet. Sheesh.
dinotrac

Apr 17, 2007
3:00 PM EDT
>don't say really really really really really stupid things on the Internet

Wait...when did this turn into a discussion on revoking my posting privileges?
tuxchick

Apr 17, 2007
4:33 PM EDT
And possibly committing libel as well.

Dino, your posting privileges are secure, especially now that you have an even lower-than-Enderle standard to point to for comparison.
Sander_Marechal

Apr 17, 2007
4:42 PM EDT
> And possibly committing libel as well.

Could be worth putting some thought in. Especially because Helios' association with Komputers4kids could lead to read damages for K4K from PP's ramblings. Perhaps a friendly lawyer over at Groklaw could take a quick look and advise whether it's worth contacting a lawyer over this or it it probably won't be worth the trouble.
dinotrac

Apr 17, 2007
5:18 PM EDT
>And possibly committing libel as well.

Sounds like libel to me. He's accusing Helios, DevNet, and maybe the Rev of a conspiracy to commit fraud.

That's an accusation of a specific illegal act. If that ain't libel, I don't know what is.
jimf

Apr 17, 2007
5:40 PM EDT
> If that ain't libel, I don't know what is.

I've been think that all day, thanks for confurming. I'm sure that would come a real shock for Pete.... "Ah... But those posts are just 'virtual'."
bigg

Apr 17, 2007
7:22 PM EDT
But is it libel if it's so ridiculous that no reasonable person could believe it? It might be treated as lame humor.
dinotrac

Apr 17, 2007
7:35 PM EDT
bigg -

That's an interesting question. One of the elements of libel is that it actually be of a nature to hurt somebody's reputation. If no reasonable person could believe it to be true, it may not be libel.

I don't think we have that problem here, however, because that reasonable person need not know Ken, and a reasonable person who does not know Ken could believe that there is fire where there is smoke.
tuxchick

Apr 17, 2007
8:15 PM EDT
The article is incoherent and pointless to where a reasonable person wouldn't even be sure WTF it's about. I think helios, devnet, and the Rev are safe. At least from this goofball.
devnet

Apr 17, 2007
8:24 PM EDT
I think he re-enabled comments...I haven't tried because I'm pretty sure I'm IP blocked.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!