Story: Install Oracle 10.2.0.1 (64 bit) on openSUSE 10.2 x86_64Total Replies: 0
Author Content
dba477

May 19, 2007
9:21 PM EDT
This is just a quote from the thread

http://www.dizwell.com/prod/node/718

" Annoying Mon, 05/07/2007 - 20:08 — dizwell

I usually find something irritating about your posted comments, and this nicely sums up why. No, you cannot just ignore installation errors like this: they mean your installation is broken, stuffed, kaput, nixed, and that sort of thing you don't just ignore. Geez, indeed, because you shouldn't get them in 10.2 on Linux, and most people don't. And the usual little digs about other sites "definitely" having material that my clearly inadequate efforts obviously lack, plus the simplistic advice simply to google or visit the Oracle documentation sites, without actually providing any value-add (like a search phrase or a specific URL) when doing so... You were, however, almost certainly right first time: the original poster is NOT following my instructions exactly, and I will lay odds that he is using 64-bit Linux not the 32-bit version that is used and documented in the article. Because you really don't get that error if you actually do everything I document in that article, including the choice of O/S in the first place! Meanwhile, your annoying comments here, together with your off-the-cuff posts about 'blue backgrounds' without any sense of where to post them or who to address them to, combined with your discourteous lack of response to my replies to those posts mean the mwdba account is suspended until further notice."

In my very personal opinion "mwdba" is not obviously a right person for Oracle Database Support. That's it.:)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!