Open Source (Linux) is not innovative, and I am on pot

Story: Open Source is Not InnovativeTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
fudger

Jun 24, 2007
2:13 AM EDT
I sure can say that people you know don't know much. You tout yourself as Dr, have a fifteen page resume, profess in Washington University and still manage to sound like a Microsoft hackjob. Do you honestly think Linux is not innovative or just pretend it. If it's latter then, I understand, there are many like you who would like to spread the FUD in order to spoon with Microsoft execs. But if you really believe what you say then I feel sorry for the people you teach, who think you know something.

You do not consider Linux innovative because it was inspired from UNIX. Does that mean you also don't consider Boeing 787 an innovation because it still works on the same principles as the wright brothers' airplane. Dig a little deeper on Linux before comment on it and you will find where the real innovation lies. You can start with comments on your huffington post blog. Maybe this metaphorical pot of ignorance will wear off and you will see things clearly.

http://getthefudge.com
jezuch

Jun 24, 2007
4:02 AM EDT
Well, I have a question: Open Source is not innovative. And the question is: WHO CARES? :)
DarrenR114

Jun 24, 2007
8:52 AM EDT
@jezuch - EXACTLY ...

Back from my early days in the military, an older and wiser civilian supervisor (who was also a retired Chief Master Sergeant) used to tell me: If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!