Toilet paper

Story: Linspire CEO Kevin Carmony resignsTotal Replies: 7
Author Content
jacog

Aug 06, 2007
1:01 AM EDT
So his time at that company was more akin to toilet-papering somebody's house than actually doing something constructive.
dinotrac

Aug 06, 2007
4:22 AM EDT
>So his time at that company was more akin to toilet-papering somebody's house than actually doing something constructive.

Depends on your POV, I suppose. Sounds to me like a lot of constructive work was done. Some not so constructive work as well.
rexbinary

Aug 06, 2007
2:17 PM EDT
He probably was asked to resign after that terrible deal he did with Microsoft. Well it wasn't even a deal, it was a rape. Check Groklaw for the full details on how he let MIcrosoft ream Linspire.
helios

Aug 06, 2007
6:44 PM EDT
"Check Groklaw for the full details on how he let MIcrosoft ream Linspire."

You have no idea! I mean, you know what we know, but wait until a certain newly-retired MS employee spills his innards in the next three months. This Linspire deal has been cooking long before any of us knew or even guessed it was going to happen and this individual was one of the architects. the poop as they say, is going to hit the fan...and folks, the fan is moving at turbospin right now.

This Jerk knows the story is about to break...he skulked down the isle with his hands in pockets, whistling and averting his eyes from the other passengers. You know the situation is going critical when the pilot heads for the back exit wearing a parachute and trying to act like he's just out for a stroll. Break out the plastic wash and wear kiddies....splatter time approaches.

h
tuxchick

Aug 06, 2007
9:23 PM EDT
Aw he was a twit anyway. Changed his story more times than a used-car salesman. Never understood FOSS, or if he did deliberately mis-represented it. Good riddance.
dinotrac

Aug 07, 2007
4:47 AM EDT
>This Linspire deal has been cooking long before any of us knew or even guessed it

That will be interesting to hear about.

I didn't understood the Linspire deal because it didn't seem to make sense given their target market and the fact that Linspire already had a relationship with Microsoft that let them ship useful desktop parts.
helios

Aug 07, 2007
11:59 AM EDT
"it didn't seem to make sense"

This was about one person getting filthy from the deal Dino...nothing more to it and that will come out in the wash soon enough. He is just trying to get as much distance from the blastsite as possible before it goes off. And trust me...he understands Open Source too well. He was able to shamelessly manipulate gpl2 to his personal benefit. I have called him on it in a certified letter addressed directly to him. Funny...no return receipt as of yet.

h
hkwint

Aug 07, 2007
4:54 PM EDT
Quoting:wait until a certain newly-retired MS employee spills his innards in the next three months

Is that the person you mentioned earlier (earlier as in a few months back) H?

Can't wait to hear those stories. You will keep us op to date I hope? I always like MS-poop hitting the ceiling (oh, wait, that's not the way the saying goes... Well, anyway, you know what I mean)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!