And yet you're still in business...

Story: Linux Journal: How Not To Run A BusinessTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
ZenOfJazz

Oct 02, 2007
10:00 AM EDT
The Ad was offensive. Gnull & Voyd is offensive. Mango Parfait is Offensive. Are you on our side, or not?

Too much of the Linux Media is "Linux Media" in name only. When they're not being blantantly FUD-partners with the 900 pound gorilla, you find them being utterly without clue, pandering to the perceived lowest common denominator, without realizing that they're making themselves look like the stereotypes they think their readers are.

dinotrac

Oct 02, 2007
10:02 AM EDT
You'd think somebody might try creating a useful, thoughtful publication for people who actually care about Linux.

Contrarian, to be sure, but there might be a market there.
Bob_Robertson

Oct 02, 2007
10:11 AM EDT
> You'd think somebody might try creating a useful, thoughtful publication for people who actually care about Linux.

LXer?
dinotrac

Oct 02, 2007
10:16 AM EDT
>LXer?

LXer certainly fits that description, but I was thinking something less geared at the faithful -- something like Linux Journal pretends to be on occasion. Useful how-tos, etc.

Scott_Ruecker

Oct 02, 2007
11:43 AM EDT
I would say we are more like a (constantly updated) newspaper than a magazine like LJ.

To put LXer in print would be a waste of trees, it would be seriously out of date within hours of publication.

>Useful how-tos, etc.

We have a link to one of the biggest how-to websites around at the top of the page.

http://www.howtoforge.com/
devnet

Oct 09, 2007
5:34 PM EDT
I'll say it again here...PCLinuxOS Magazine is now circulated by over 20 thousand each month...it's available online and in PDF format AND it isn't always just PCLinuxOS :D

Is it a shameful plug? You bet...I'm proud of the magazine and what they've accomplished.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!