Well, duh.

Story: 355.6 million reasons the Novell-Microsoft deal is workingTotal Replies: 11
Author Content
dinotrac

Jan 02, 2008
2:00 AM EDT
This is not news.

While FOSS folk have gone apoplectic over one very small part of a large deal, most of the agreement was about other things, including a great big pile of cash money.
hughesjr

Jan 02, 2008
3:30 AM EDT
well ... if they paid me 355.6 million dollars, I could probably find "something" nice to say about M$ too.

I would have to look hard, but for $355,600,000.00 I'd find something :D
jdixon

Jan 02, 2008
8:24 AM EDT
> ... if they paid me 355.6 million dollars, I could probably find "something" nice to say about M$ too.

Something nice about Microsoft? Here, for free:

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/005735...

Say what I will about Microsoft's executives, they are not as overpaid as the executives at most companies. Now, that doesn't include stock options, but neither do the other compensation figures you hear.
hkwint

Jan 02, 2008
8:30 AM EDT
Something nice about Microsoft? They're really good at marketing, lobbying and influencing the public opinion. Results of that, on the other hand, are not nice...
ColonelPanik

Jan 02, 2008
10:27 AM EDT
Is there a Redmond LUG?
Abe

Jan 02, 2008
11:25 AM EDT
Quoting:Is there a Redmond LUG?
No, but there is Redmond MUG. :)

mug - a person who is gullible and easy to take advantage of.

mug - rob at gunpoint or with the threat of violence

take your pick.

ColonelPanik

Jan 02, 2008
12:35 PM EDT
You bet, if I ever go to Redmond you can be sure that I will have my pick.

Abe

Jan 02, 2008
1:00 PM EDT
Quoting:... I will have my pick
ColoneI, I thought you would come up with something better, any how, make sure it is well sharpened. :)
gus3

Jan 02, 2008
11:17 PM EDT
> I will have my pick.

You play guitar?
Sander_Marechal

Jan 02, 2008
11:59 PM EDT
Quoting:Is there a Redmond LUG?

No, but there used to exist a Redmond Linux: http://www.linux.com/articles/19973
ColonelPanik

Jan 03, 2008
7:42 AM EDT
gus3, No guitar, until the end of October, 07 I was using a pick. You know, holes in the ground, breakup cement? No, no, no, not like breaking rocks in the hot sun. The Colonel was grounds-keeper for an estate.

Not going to Redmond, ever. But if anyone Linux does go there, well, the Colonel will provide the holes? :)
dinotrac

Jan 03, 2008
8:42 AM EDT
>Not going to Redmond, ever

Not really so bad if you like your weather moist. Not sure, but I think not having a cell phone (or, these days, a bluetooth adapter) shoved into your ears is grounds for arrest.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!