Prices are good but..

Story: Newegg.com Consumer Report.Total Replies: 6
Author Content
oilyfish

Jan 05, 2008
6:34 AM EDT
I have refused to even look at their site for a number of years since I had a problem with them. If I had had an influential web site maybe things would have been different.

They canceled an order of mine without informing me and when I called and tried to find out what the problem was they told me that my shipping address had been placed on a fraud blacklist and they would not ship to me or take my order. So I tried to find out why this had happened and to straighten it out but was told they had other customers and did not want to talk to me any more.

I don't understand how they maintain the reputation that they seem to have for customer service and the illegality of their policy is an example.

My 2 cents.

O.F.
usacomputertec

Jan 05, 2008
8:42 AM EDT
I agree. I don't understand how a large corporation such as themselves can continue to disobey the law and get away with it or get customers to keep coming back for more. I think that they may have greased a few wheels.
dinotrac

Jan 05, 2008
9:33 AM EDT
>I don't understand how a large corporation such as themselves can continue to disobey the law and get away with it or get customers to keep coming back for more.

a. They don't disobey the law, or, at least, you've provided no evidence of anything they do that disobeys the law, and

b. Most customers must have good experiences.
usacomputertec

Jan 05, 2008
1:59 PM EDT
What I'm saying is that they refuse to refund new items even under 30 days and every business in the US is required to accept returns in under 30 days for any item that is damaged, not as described, or simply does not work right. Newegg.com's policies say that they do not comply with this law. Also the Government officials I have talked to agree with me that what Newegg.com is doing is illegal.
jdixon

Jan 05, 2008
2:19 PM EDT
> ...and every business in the US is required to accept returns in under 30 days for any item that is damaged, not as described, or simply does not work right.

Not that I'm aware of. Many do, but AFAIK that's not a legal requirement, merely good customer service. If that is in fact the law, then you should probably contact the Federal Trade Commission as well as the Attorney General of your state to pursue the matter.
theboomboomcars

Jan 05, 2008
2:20 PM EDT
usacomputertec- What every one is suggesting you do, is get the specific references to how newegg's, and others, are violating federal law. Speaking with government officials doesn't hold any weight with out verification of your claim. You could speak to a Kindergarten teacher from a public school, and classify them as a government official, but unless they have specified what laws newegg is in violation of, it doesn't hold any weight. You could also speak to a supreme court judge and with any reference to what laws are in violation, the conversation does not hold weight.

Though I am sure if you did speak to a judge and they agreed that newegg was breaking a law, they would tell you which law that was being broken.

Right now it sounds like you are venting frustration and want others to join with you, even though most of the people responding have had positive experiences with newegg and are not swayed by your venting.

If you do get references to which laws are being violated, newegg would have to change their policies. As it is now you are threatening to throw a water balloon at their wall. If you get a bomb they will listen.
usacomputertec

Jan 05, 2008
4:29 PM EDT
Your right. I will get a link for you.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!