Ian Murdock is just another pundit now?

Story: In Defense and Praise of DebianTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
DarrenR114

Feb 07, 2008
10:21 AM EDT
Seems to me, when talking in context of Debian, that this is like saying that Linus Torvalds is just another kernel hacker.
tuxchick

Feb 07, 2008
11:27 AM EDT
I guess you've missed Mr. Murdock's comments on various issues over the past few years. Remember, his direct involvement with the Debian project ended at an early stage, around 1996. Ever since then he's been firmly rooted in the business world. Which I'm not saying is either bad or good, but he does have a different perspective and goals than the Debian project.

**edit** Check out this Hartley-quality whine about the woes of software installation on Linux: http://ianmurdock.com/2006/12/15/software-installation-on-li...

Quoting: Unless an application is included with your Linux distribution of choice, installing that application on Linux is a nightmare compared to Windows. Here’s an example. To install Sun’s Java Studio Creator on Windows, I just click on the .exe on Sun’s web site..

The rest is a long whine that blames Linux for the shortcomings of Sun's installer.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!