What we need to do now...

Story: ASUS to sell Eee PC with XPTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
land0

Mar 03, 2008
11:34 PM EDT
...is get a hold of a eeeXP and benchmark it against the eeeFree. I can clearly imagine the review of the eeeXP starting out with being greeted with the famous "Your Hard drive has run out of space" error as there will only be 30MB of space left after XP is loaded on the 2Gig. (according to the comments on amazon.) or the equally famous out of virtual memory error. Which brings up the philosophical question. If it is virtual memory how can it run out? Why can't it not just create virtually more? In the virtual realm is it fair to say that XP and Vista are virtually secure and reliable? hmmm :p ;)

I really hope someone benchmarks the two eeePC OS's.
ayeomans

Mar 04, 2008
12:57 AM EDT
Note that Windows XP Home has mainstream support ending on 14/04/2009.

That's the main business reason not to get an EeePC with Windows.
land0

Mar 05, 2008
7:21 AM EDT
Touche @_ayeomans Most of the people in the "wild" do not know this. Whenever I have pointed this out to anyone they do not usually believe it. "Microsoft would never do something to hurt its customers." Real quote there. :D All I gotta say is WOW! as in what a huge pile of bull excrement. :p
tracyanne

Mar 05, 2008
12:04 PM EDT
@land0 - just show them the Microsoft EULA, especially the bit where it says the customer doesn't actually own the software, you could ask them about all the people who still use Windows 98, and there are a lot on older computers.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!