Well, yeah...

Story: How to: Create a Linux Box for Your Mom (50+ Resources)Total Replies: 4
Author Content
helios

Mar 07, 2008
4:12 AM EDT
Spot on, and I for one "preach to the choir" more than most; but who uses Linux and wouldn't install a Linux System on their Mom's computer?

Just thinking allowed.

If the younger ones don't know about or Use Linux, they are not going to do this anyway....it's a cart before the horse thing. I will see if I can get this posted to some non-linux sites.

h
herzeleid

Mar 07, 2008
9:18 AM EDT
> Just thinking allowed.

Hey, no thinking aloud here!
kdwillia

Mar 07, 2008
9:46 AM EDT
The article starts out as a really good read and then slowly turns into something that looks like it was just thrown together. Multiple distros, X environments, applications that are no longer active. I tended to agree with the commenters on the blog that it should have been "simpled" and the applications listed should have been more up to date.

The idea: Awesome The expression of how: Horrid Switching your Mom to Linux: Priceless
tracyanne

Mar 07, 2008
2:46 PM EDT
I do it for lots of people's Mom and Dad regularly. Maybe I should write one of those.
helios

Mar 07, 2008
3:31 PM EDT
I may go the other way with it TA...I have some Horror/comedy stories from the dozens we've done in the past 6 months...some of them still sit me up in a dead cold sweat at 2 AM.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!