It makes perfectly good sense...

Story: Apple Fixes Open Source VulnerabilitiesTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
land0

Mar 22, 2008
11:12 AM EDT
...that people see it this way. As hard as it is at times for me to imagine what people are going through with the proprietary OS that they are stuck with. I can tell you in the wild people see updates as an admission of guilt. This is because in the case of the biggest and baddest offender it is! This is the only perspective they understand.

I am a Freedomware Consultant. That is I make a living by helping businesses find where Freedomware can benefit them. Whether it is web based or applications that run on their OS. The common response I get when I share how many updates I get is holy crap! That must drive you crazy! I bet you have massive issues from all those fixes for the operating system! When I reply that "it is actually a completely different paradigm and that all of those updates cover every single application I have installed" they always double take. Suddenly they are open to hearing this reality that as it happens is the exact opposite of everything they think they knew about operating systems(aka their computer(aka their CPU hehe)).
ColonelPanik

Mar 22, 2008
4:53 PM EDT
land0, Well said! How about you put up an article here about being a Freedomware Consultant? There seems to be a rapidly growing cottage industry in the Linux arena. Families and small businesses are going Linux. Are we ready? Some of you WILL have to come out of the basement!
land0

Mar 22, 2008
11:02 PM EDT
@_ColonelPanik You hit the nail on the head there.

Keep your eyes and ears open I will be writing a series of blogs to help me prep for an upcoming presentation ironically titled "Freedomware Consultants." The blog format will open me up to some constructive input. Which I believe will help shape the presentation.

Yes that was the sound of my basement door swinging open! :D

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!