A Better Analogy

Story: Windows XP vs. Vista vs. LinuxTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
rijelkentaurus

Mar 28, 2008
12:25 PM EDT
From the article:

Quoting: Back in November, I wrote about a dog and pony show where Microsoft tried to scare people about how insecure Windows XP was. That they have to use FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt) to sell Vista says a lot. Think of a politician trashing their opponent rather than touting themselves.

In fact, it's more like a politician saying, "Look how badly I did in my first term, and think of how much better I'll be when I'm reelected!" It's maddening that people continue to eat the piles-o-poo coming out of Redmond.

The good news is that my fiance is now a Linux user. She went from Win2000 to PCLOS. Not sure if I am going to leave her there or bring her over to Debian. Her nephew is also a Linux user (Ubuntu) because of me. At least I have a little influence in my personal corner of the world. :)
Bob_Robertson

Mar 28, 2008
1:22 PM EDT
> In fact, it's more like a politician saying, "Look how badly I did in my first term, and think of how much better I'll be when I'm reelected!" It's maddening that people continue to eat the piles-o-poo coming out of Redmond.

Or Washington!
rijelkentaurus

Mar 29, 2008
7:39 AM EDT
Quoting: Or Washington!

LOL, so true!!

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!