Firefox 3 : Set a Guinness World Record !

Story: First public Firefox 3 candidate shoots out the doorTotal Replies: 7
Author Content
henke54

May 29, 2008
4:15 AM EDT
Quoting: Set a Guinness World Record Enjoy a Better Web

Sounds like a good deal, right? All you have to do is get Firefox 3 during Download Day to help set the record for most software downloads in 24 hours - it’s that easy. We're not asking you to swallow a sword or to balance 30 spoons on your face, although that would be kind of awesome.

By the way, the official date for the launch of Firefox 3 will be posted here soon - so check back! Join our community and this effort by pledging today.
http://www.spreadfirefox.com/en-US/worldrecord/
gus3

May 29, 2008
7:47 AM EDT
Whatever happened to waiting for a point-release? As in, .N where N>0?
Steven_Rosenber

May 29, 2008
1:53 PM EDT
Kill me now.

All I want is for the final release to make its way into Ubuntu and for Google to get off its can and port Gears to it already.
rijelkentaurus

May 29, 2008
6:41 PM EDT
*stab* *stab*
tuxchick

May 29, 2008
7:07 PM EDT
It's against the TOS to bleed in the forums. But I don't see a prohibition on stabbing. Sorry Steven, you're outta here.
NoDough

May 30, 2008
5:08 AM EDT
Steven: I don't know much about Gears, but according to this page http://code.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=69201&to... they already have ported it.
Steven_Rosenber

May 30, 2008
10:42 AM EDT
Gears runs on Linux, but only on Firefox 1.5 and 2. Not yet on Firefox 3. And not on Iceweasel, the renamed FF that is used in Debian, or Epiphany, the GNOME browser that's currently (but not for long, I think) built with the Mozilla engine.

If they could just make it work with Iceweasel, I'd be happy. I'm sure it's entirely hackable, but I haven't looked into it.
Bob_Robertson

May 31, 2008
3:58 PM EDT
"Gears"?

Not the GLX bench-mark?

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!