Cool.

Story: To Those Who Make My Job EasierTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
dinotrac

Jun 19, 2008
4:19 AM EDT
Little butt-simple utilities to do that one thing you do regularly are among life's grand pleasures by accretion. They don't seem like much, but each time they make your life simple the pleasure adds up.

It ain't just Linux stuff, either.

I can't imagine, for example, living on a Windows box that doesn't have winscp. That would be barbaric.
rijelkentaurus

Jun 19, 2008
4:21 AM EDT
Droopy looks really cool, I find files, etc, all the time that I would love to have at a central location and this will make that a lot easier. Thanks, h!
tracyanne

Jun 19, 2008
5:04 PM EDT
Wow I haven't been able to access the members area over the last few days, talk about withdrawal.

I downloaded droopy, it's a neat little script and it works very well. With a few mods it should be possible to specify the destination directory on the receiving computer.
helios

Jun 19, 2008
6:55 PM EDT
I've unsuccessfully tried to write a little gui for it but my time and my skills in this area are scarce at the moment...my problem has been in finding a way to get a notification when someone has sent you a file...maybe after LIN08. then again, maybe I better leave that to those who do python a bunch better than me.
tracyanne

Jun 21, 2008
5:50 PM EDT
Ken make the following change in do_Post

from fout = file(os.path.join(self.upload_dir, fileitem.filename), 'wb')

to fout = file(os.path.join(self.upload_dir, 'Download', fileitem.filename), 'wb')

self.upload_dir is the webroot '.' usually the current users home root.

'Download' is the path to the sub directory, the directory I want to up load to, make it whatever you prefer.

fileitem.filename is the name of the uploaded file
helios

Jun 22, 2008
9:36 AM EDT
OK, yes, I've been playing with this and this code is good...however I am going to try to build a gui (Kommander failed miserably...gonna have to do it by hand) that allows one to pick a audible que when someone has sent you something...that's the easy part. Getting it to recognize the file extension and file size is where I am getting stuck.

I really should leave this alone but that's just not the Linux way...

h

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!