Digital Sign Feature Input requested

Forum: LXer Meta ForumTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
techiem2

Jun 19, 2008
10:57 AM EDT
Ok, our digital sign is looking good, and working decently well so far.

I'm trying to finalize a file processing feature list so I can finish up the file processing script. I have a list of what options I want for processing images and videos. I think it covers most usage scenarios, but would like some input from you guys/gals.

See the wiki page at

http://www.techiem2.net/cgi-bin/twiki/bin/view/Main/HowToLin...

Section 9.4 (near the bottom) if the internal link fails you. How does the list look? Any more processing options you think would be useful to someone? I'm trying to make it as flexible as possible as I add stuff we want here.

Thanks as always!

Mark II
gus3

Jun 19, 2008
8:34 PM EDT
Here's one:

In case of emergency, instructions should be visible on the screen immediately (assuming it's still up and running). For example:

FIRE IN BUILDING EXIT VIA STAIRS

or

TORNADO WARNING SEEK SHELTER IN BASEMENT

in big white letters on a red background. No constant flashing; we don't want to induce seizures.

These messages should be pre-packaged, so nobody has to waste precious time typing them in at the outset of an emergency. Just pull up a list, click a button, and turn attention elsewhere.
techiem2

Jun 19, 2008
8:37 PM EDT
LOL.

The main campus is a one story building..and the sign is right by the front door.

Though that would actually be good for the campus that has a few floors.

Good idea to have some emergency slides ready...

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [Editors, MEMBERS, SITEADMINS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!