My guess: it's Dan Lyons

Story: Tough love: Linux needs more haters (Re Linux Haters Blog)Total Replies: 2
Author Content
rdtennent

Jul 19, 2008
9:12 AM EDT
Same snotty but knowledgeable style. He often quotes from his own Fake Steve Jobs blog.
helios

Jul 19, 2008
9:42 PM EDT
It's hard to say. I am willing to bet it's someone who is still in mourning that the old slime merchant got his covers pulled and had to actually start writing things with his face in plain view of his byline...One of his faces anyway. Lyons is one of the few people in the world I would not shake hands with. I don't despise many people in this world...it's a short list and you can bet Lyons is on it.

This hater is just someone trying to emulate Lyons. He is posting his blog from the same IP he used to leave behind as a commenter. We've discussed this jackal often at boh. So, it really is Lyons with a new address or as I suspect, it's just a wannabe who isn't capable of an original style or thought. Lyons is an idiot but he's not stupid. Dollars to donuts that if they are two different people, and I am sure they are...they know each other personally. If that is in turn the case, my guess is that Lyons encourages him...the writing styles are suspiciously close.

I just pass it off as someone who got beat up as a kid and had his lunch money taken away until he got into high school. Then they took his girlfriends away from him. Guys like that usually become either acidic, bitter bloggers or IRS Auditors.

h
TxtEdMacs

Jul 20, 2008
3:41 AM EDT
Quoting:just pass it off as someone who got beat up as a kid and had his lunch money taken away until he got into high school. Then they took his girlfriends away from him. Guys like that usually become either acidic, bitter bloggers or IRS Auditors.

I resent that! All of it happened to me. And I still do not write diatribes against anything ... (is there real money to be made that way? Who do I contact?)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!