spoof

Story: Lawyer's Funny AntiLinux FUD Turns Out to be Not So FunnyTotal Replies: 6
Author Content
purplewizard

Aug 11, 2008
1:48 PM EDT
I know it isn't a spoof but when I read this article I couldn't believe it was real. It just seemed such a risk for a lawyer to publishing so many inaccuracies. I won't say lies because I don't want to risk being sued but it did make me wonder how anyone could seriously hire them if they read that and checked the claims for themselves.
tuxchick

Aug 11, 2008
6:49 PM EDT
I wonder too. Not only that, but it's such an immature rant- it sounds like a teenage fanperson, not a presumably educated adult.
gus3

Aug 11, 2008
9:23 PM EDT
"Educated dummy" is the term my father would use.
jacog

Aug 12, 2008
4:17 AM EDT
Cross-posted from the other thread, dug up by a Groklaw poster: http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=147096
theboomboomcars

Aug 12, 2008
6:10 AM EDT
Quoting:To make life easier and more intuitive, I tried changing mnt/hdc to simply E:, as it has been in computing since Day 1, and to change the mnt/hda to C: as it has been since hard drives came into use.

I didn't know that MS was the first OS maker to use hard drives.
techiem2

Aug 12, 2008
8:44 AM EDT
lol.

I was actually trying to find the origin of drive letters recently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drive_letter_assignment

Quoting: The concept of drive letters, as used today, presumably owes its origins to IBM's VM family of operating systems, dating back to CP/CMS in 1967 (and its research predecessor CP-40), by way of CP/M. The concept evolved through several steps:
bigg

Aug 12, 2008
10:22 AM EDT
In other news, I just stopped by a used bookstore. Unfortunately they were lacking copies of the hottest newly released books. And to make matters worse, all the books had previously been in someone else's possession.

I explained to an employee that I wanted a wide selection of new books. And that the savings from buying a used book just aren't worth it to me.

I was going to write up an emotional rant for my blog about how used bookstores are a piece of crap, but then it dawned on me that if I want new books I shouldn't go to a used bookstore.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!