So much for open standards

Forum: LinuxTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
bigg

Aug 25, 2008
2:07 PM EDT
"We’re sorry, but the Democratic Convention video web site isn’t compatible with your operating system and/or browser. Please try again on a computer with the following: Compatible operating systems: Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista, or a Mac with Tiger (OS 10.4) or Leopard (OS 10.5). Compatible browsers: Internet Explorer (version 6 or later), Firefox (version 2), or, if you are on a Mac, Safari (version 3.1) also works."

If only there were some way to ensure that everyone could watch video on the internet...
bigg

Aug 25, 2008
2:21 PM EDT
Maybe I'm the only one who cares, but the site also says

"...Microsoft’s Silverlight platform will provide viewers with an unprecedented opportunity to individually tailor their Convention experiences by selecting their desired camera angles...The DNCC formed a Technology Advisory Council (TAC), comprised of leading technology companies and city and state officials, to advise Convention planners on their forward-looking technology strategy. Over the past year, the TAC has brought together a wide range of highly-respected industry experts to pool the best practices from the public and private sectors to engage more people than ever before in the Convention experience."

I wonder who those 'leading technology companies' and 'highly-respected industry experts' would include. Interesting that you can 'engage more people than ever' by explicitly excluding users of certain operating systems for no apparent reason. (I thought Silverlight worked on Linux.)
DiBosco

Aug 25, 2008
2:52 PM EDT
I wonder how much MS are paying them for that. Can you say corrupt politicians?

You cannot post until you login.