Untitled

Story: Ohio Linux Fest Looms!Total Replies: 8
Author Content
tuxchick

Sep 11, 2008
7:55 PM EDT
Tin soldiers and Nixon coming, we're finally on our own...

Oh wait, wrong event. Sorry! Never mind!

You make it sound like fun, Paulie, instead of something to be endured. You sure you're doing this right?

;)

herzeleid

Sep 11, 2008
8:01 PM EDT
> Tin soldiers and Nixon coming, we're finally on our own...

wow tc you just dated yourself!
Bob_Robertson

Sep 11, 2008
8:15 PM EDT
> wow tc you just dated yourself!

I thought that was illegal in Ohio.

Oh, wait, that's Alabama. Sorry.

Speaking of which, editors@linuxtoday.com fails.
caitlyn

Sep 11, 2008
10:36 PM EDT
CSNY are timeless. Of course, younger people may like the music but not be aware of the events the song refers to. Is what happened at Kent State even taught in schools today?
Scott_Ruecker

Sep 11, 2008
10:41 PM EDT
I doubt it Caitlyn, most kids can't find the U.S. on a world map let alone know the significance of what happened that day.
tuxchick

Sep 11, 2008
11:17 PM EDT
Quoting: Speaking of which, [e-mail:editors@linuxtoday.com] fails.

Bob, I know. It got spammed to death. Someday I will be granted some dev time to come up with something else, like a web contact form. Gotta wait in line!
tuxchick

Sep 11, 2008
11:50 PM EDT
BTW, getting back to the actual topic here- it's interesting that Ohio Fest continues to grow, while after this year's Linux World everyone was wailing "Linux World failed because Linux is now commonplace and dull!" Mmmkay. That kind of reasoning reminds me of the famous Babbage quote:

Quoting: On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Lost in all the noise were vendors and visitors who said they were tired of the price-gouging.
Scott_Ruecker

Sep 12, 2008
12:44 AM EDT
Quoting:Lost in all the noise were vendors and visitors who said they were tired of the price-gouging.

I will say, that if I had had to pay the $500 or so to attend that being press relieved me of, it would have made my trip to San Francisco and LinuxWorld almost impossible. Yes, not paying the $500 just to get in made that big a difference.

tuxchick

Sep 12, 2008
1:14 AM EDT
$500!! Yikes. Just for the privilege of listening to sales pitches? My my my.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!