There's just something wrong....

Story: Boxee aims to shake up the home theaterTotal Replies: 8
Author Content
techiem2

Sep 13, 2008
1:27 PM EDT
with having a foss based, linux and mac targeting program/service that uses a flash front page with no skip link......
tracyanne

Sep 13, 2008
6:39 PM EDT
cccan't access their site, I just get a black screen, oh well too bad.
herzeleid

Sep 13, 2008
6:54 PM EDT
The site works fine for me using firefox as shipped with suse 11.0
techiem2

Sep 13, 2008
8:06 PM EDT
The site works fine for me...if I allow scripts...and if I let the flash load... Which is the point, they use a flash intro vid with no bypass link. Which isn't exactly Linux friendly considering the state of flash in Linux.
tracyanne

Sep 13, 2008
9:13 PM EDT
I block scripts by default, I don't like flash websites, and won't use them, which is why I din't bother disabling script blocking. Flash is fine, in it's place, which is serving up content or web based games, not building sites from.
Steven_Rosenber

Sep 13, 2008
9:24 PM EDT
One of my new "jobs" involves maintaining a Flash site. And yes, I do feel like I've gone over to the dark side every time I step over to the Mac to fire it up.
herzeleid

Sep 14, 2008
12:27 AM EDT
> Which isn't exactly Linux friendly considering the state of flash in Linux.

hmm - I haven't seen any flash sites that give me any trouble - at least, not since macromedia finally got around to releasing flash 9 for the platform anyway.
techiem2

Sep 14, 2008
1:25 AM EDT
Have they released a proper 64 bit port yet?
herzeleid

Sep 14, 2008
1:39 AM EDT
> Have they released a proper 64 bit port yet?

I'm guessing probably not.

Maybe someday 3rd parties will fully support 64 bit linux but for now I go with the flow and run 32 bit on the desktop, because I want things to just work.

I do run 64 bit linux on big servers that need to be 64 bit.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!