Author Content
tracyanne

Dec 15, 2008
5:02 PM EDT
and Oden for that matter.
bigg

Dec 15, 2008
6:24 PM EDT
You don't necessarily know how many of us have signed the petition. I would say it's too late, however, in two ways. (i) Many folks have already given up on Mandriva. Things are apparently pretty bad financially, and Mandriva didn't have the best reputation to begin with (the users haven't forgotten the "bad years".) (ii) When the CEO writes this:

Quoting:We recently had to let some valuable members of staff go, notably amongst community members and distribution. It’s always a difficult decision to make and I would like to thank them for the contribution they made to Mandriva during all these years.

Once we are through this arduous passage, we plan to re-think and reinforce the Community template.

it's pretty clear that he has no intention to bring Adam back.
Scott_Ruecker

Dec 15, 2008
8:19 PM EDT
I signed it..
DiBosco

Dec 15, 2008
8:38 PM EDT
I signed it (a while ago) too. I would though as a long time Mandrake/Mandriva user.
jdixon

Dec 15, 2008
8:50 PM EDT
OK, Traceyanne, it's signed. I told them I wasn't a Mandriva user, but that I knew several, and that they all supported Adam. I don't expect it to do any good, mind you...
tracyanne

Dec 15, 2008
8:51 PM EDT
Naturally I signed it.
mortenalver

Dec 16, 2008
3:46 AM EDT
I signed it. I just installed Mandriva this fall, but it didn't take much time browsing the Mandriva forums to discover how important Adam Williamson was.
tracyanne

Dec 16, 2008
5:04 AM EDT
jd thank you.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!