This is pretty cool.

Story: Mozilla Goes to Bat for Open-Source Video on the WebTotal Replies: 8
Author Content
theboomboomcars

Jan 27, 2009
1:47 PM EDT
Now all I need is someone to release an .ogg player for my car in the US.
ColonelPanik

Jan 27, 2009
3:05 PM EDT
Hope it works. We have left TV behind and get everything from the internets now. More content and more ways to get it, perfect.

t-b-b-c: Your little media player, that does .ogg with bluetooth to the car system?
techiem2

Jan 27, 2009
3:28 PM EDT
/me looks at the Cowon S9 and drools

course...my car doesn't have BT
theboomboomcars

Jan 27, 2009
4:35 PM EDT
I would like an indash player for my car, preferably that will play off an SD card or at least USB. I know they have a few varieties around Europe but everytime I search still nothing here in the US.

Have a separate player just seems like too much hassle, but that may be what I have to do when it comes time to get a radio for the old del Sol. As much fun as road noise is, sometimes 50 miles of it gets a little old, some tunes would be nice.
DrDubious

Jan 27, 2009
4:50 PM EDT
I just use a Zvue 250 (~$80 at Wal-Mart(tm), as I recall), which I bought specifically for the Ogg Vorbis support. (The ability to handle XVid video was a bonus). Attach it to my car stereo with an adapter and away I go.
tracyanne

Jan 27, 2009
4:58 PM EDT
I just listen to Triple J... No ads, great rock and mostly new stuff, or ABC Classics... No ads, great Classical Music.
theboomboomcars

Jan 27, 2009
6:06 PM EDT
DrDubious, that does look neat, a bit cheaper than the Cowons as well. Does it play while plugged in?

I have been thinking of getting an amplifier and just hook a portable player to that directly, so if I could play the player while plugged in I won't have to worry about the battery.
DrDubious

Jan 27, 2009
6:10 PM EDT
As I've taken the device on some pretty long drives, I can say for certain that it does, indeed, continue to play while charging. I've actually been surprisingly pleased by this little device.

I also figured out how to get mencoder to generate videos for it, too.
Sander_Marechal

Jan 27, 2009
8:35 PM EDT
I have Sony in-dash 1U car stereo. It has bluetooth and a line-in and USB port on the front. It doesn't play OGG from CD or USB but you can hook your (OGG supporting) media player to it using bluetooth ot the line-in. It works great.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!