Not more facts please

Story: More evidence that Linux spooks MicrosoftTotal Replies: 6
Author Content
hkwint

Feb 09, 2009
1:03 PM EDT
What does this read like:

Quoting:• Manage technical analysis of competitive platforms • Create a rational set of proof points that promote Microsoft’s comparative value • Build a fact-based marketing plan that articulates the Windows Client value proposition to partners and customers

To me it reads like Get The Facts 2 a.k.a. "I should be a Tech Analyst as soon as possible to fill my pockets at Microsoft".

On the fun side of things, that also means at this moment nobody @ MS has an idea how to market "Windows Client value".
tuxchick

Feb 09, 2009
1:27 PM EDT
LOL Hans. That is brilliant.
vainrveenr

Feb 09, 2009
2:49 PM EDT
The full quote:
Quoting:* Manage technical analysis of competitive platforms * Create a rational set of proof points that promote Microsoft’s comparative value * Build a fact-based marketing plan that articulates the Windows Client value proposition to partners and customers * Collaborate with the owners of outbound marketing channels, such as PR, advertising, analysts, field, and partners * Manage a marketing budget and influence worldwide subsidiary participation to drive our strategy
Clearly FUD and heavy-duty marketing involved with this position. The Slashdot link following this quote (http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/02/07/1553206) further suggests that the FUD and marketing attempts inherent in this "new" position are aimed squarely at limiting Ubuntu desktop's success and maintaining Internet Explorer's market share lead against Firefox. This near-desperate attempt to market "Windows Client value" could be yet another sign just how quickly Microsoft may be perceived as sinking, even in its own eyes! Also see Frank Hayes's recent ComputerWorld piece, 'Frankly Speaking: For Microsoft, the pain is just beginning', linked to at http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/115143 .

Certainly some deep significance in MS's hiring a new director of open source "strategy", given that Microsoft has already laid off just about 5% of its workforce within the last few weeks, with possibly more layoffs still yet to come.

theboomboomcars

Feb 09, 2009
3:04 PM EDT
* Manage technical analysis of competitive platforms Linux- -Faster -More adaptable -More stable -More secure Firefox -More secure -More expandable

* Create a rational set of proof points that promote Microsoft’s comparative value -Microsoft's products boost the economy more by promoting extra business opportunities for others to secure their products.

* Build a fact-based marketing plan that articulates the Windows Client value proposition to partners and customers -We can monopolize your support and offer flexible licensing agreements to maximize you cost of software

Think I could get the job?
tuxchick

Feb 09, 2009
3:22 PM EDT
Quoting: Think I could get the job?

Depends how good you are at keeping a straight face.
TxtEdMacs

Feb 09, 2009
4:19 PM EDT
boom boom, drive away and to others, read and weep:

Notice to All: Don't even try.

I am in the final negotiations stage, where they want me to take stock options, which I steadfastly have refused* on the advice of consul**. I want cash and lots of it so I can live in the style that other self deluded entitled fools that ran investment, banking, government, etc. into the ground. I demand no less with all the perks and absolutely no accountability or even assessment of my effectiveness in any position I occupy. Those are my minimal demands (and it looks like as if it will fly).

The first thing I will do as part of my can't lose business plan is to tell the truth to MS: "Forget trivial things like Linux and FLOSS". Focus where the cash flows endlessly. We become a bank. Then we dump the IT staff and stuff in Windows Servers Everywhere***, when the other banks see this, they too will switch (gaining market share and inflating stock values). Why because we will be the biggest name Banking, that's why. With our history, others just fall into line.

Now here is the best part of the plan, Windows will be broken into and we can point fingers outside while stealing from our customers with abandon. Most other banks are probably too stupid to follow our lead (unless they were heavily into trading, hence, suitably trained). We can't fail, the worse our investments, the more blind where the money is thrown the larger our profit. We cannot lose.

We are simply too Big to Fail! In essence, we have a blank check to the accounts of all real tax payers (MS has a history of zero dollar federal tax liabilities) that will finance our game. If questions arise, we pass it off as a stimulus package that many will buy thinking Keynesian economics is no more than spending with no effect.

So who needs to compete when we have a winning formula? I might even pull MS out of the sucker game of software development, we can dump the stockholders at about the same time. Get my drift? Beers later****.

YBT

* want something of value when I take this reputation destroying step

** they say if I get I get the rights to sell short while not actually owning the shares it might be worth the risk

*** might have to buy off Sybase or ignore their petty threats about stealing their copyright. No problem there.

**** there will be a small charge, plus some conditions that are written at the bottom of the sixth glass that must be agreed to prior to your first sip from the second mug.
tracyanne

Feb 09, 2009
5:02 PM EDT
This links in with http://lxer.com/module/forums/t/28493/

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!