A failure already

Story: Linux game console ready to shipTotal Replies: 4
Author Content
jacog

Apr 03, 2009
3:36 AM EDT
I'm afraid this product will be dead and gone before most even know it existed. It's not good value for money. The range of available games will not please most, and I doubt it will improve much closer to release. Oh well... at least someobody tried.
gus3

Apr 03, 2009
3:40 AM EDT
From all appearances, it got further than the Indrema...
jacog

Apr 03, 2009
5:49 AM EDT
Indeed. Also, I am not sure that selling freely available games that are several years old for $20 will work all that well. :-/ I say rather go to the web sites of these games if you like them and use the Paypal button there instead.
softwarejanitor

Apr 03, 2009
5:55 PM EDT
Even if it were less expensive and more powerful, the problem is that the game console market is extremely tough with veteran competitors like Nintendo and Sony and of course Microsoft with its virtually unlimited pocketbook. All the other consoles have a head start and huge catalogs of existing titles, including the big name ones. Game titles sell consoles a lot more than technical specs... Look at the Wii, it has just about the weakest hardware specs of the current major consoles but its sales are absolutely crushing the PS3 and XBox 360, roughly equal to both those other competitors put together.
tracyanne

Apr 03, 2009
6:21 PM EDT
The reason the Wii is doing so well is because the games are actually fun for non gamers.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!