what is it with geeks and words?

Story: Smolt in MandrivaTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
tuxchick

Apr 15, 2009
4:01 PM EDT
Smolt sounds nasty. Scrot sounds nasty. fsck sounds nasty. et cetera....ok so smolt is actually a word that means very young salmon. So this means salmon are Linux users?
caitlyn

Apr 15, 2009
4:13 PM EDT
I still don't like putting information about what I'm running in a public database. I always wonder how it can be used against me. Thanks, but no thanks. To me smolt doesn't just sound nasty, it probably is.

Oh, and tuxchick, if you read the article say "urpmi smolt" aloud and tell me that doesn't sound nastier still.

Oh, and BTW tuxchick, you are evil. You have, by posting this, successfully gotten Steve Hillage's "The Salmon Song" stuck in my brain:

"See the spawning salmon swimming up the stream of time Leaping up the Falls of Man, to the source of Love and Light Guided from Atlantis to the Water-Bearer's jar. Far out-nearer in-and back to where We Are. (Hello!)

You know the way to Be You know the way to Be You know the way to Be Ah ah-we're getting nearer Nearer to the Water Bearer Ooh we're getting nearer We're swimming, swimming, swimming with the Salmon (Ooh! yr. swimming with the Salmon)"
jdixon

Apr 15, 2009
7:46 PM EDT
> You have, by posting this, successfully gotten Steve Hillage's "The Salmon Song" stuck in my brain:

Ooh, that IS evil.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!