PJ Gets Freedom

Story: On Mono, Miguel, Stallman and Fusion with MicrosoftTotal Replies: 8
Author Content
beirwin

Oct 01, 2009
5:39 PM EDT
This article is worth a read. I admire both PJ and RMS for their steadfast support of FOSS. Sometimes unwavering support for a principle makes some people uncomfortable, or want to rant against RMS like Jason Perlow did in his recent article, "Watch Out for That Meteor, Stallman". However, at the end of the day, FOSS will be a larger, positive force to reckon with because of people like PJ and Stallman. My thanks to both.

Barbara
tuxchick

Oct 01, 2009
6:01 PM EDT
Yeah, I'm kind of bummed I ran Jason's article on LT. As PJ took the time to research and document, it was full of factual errors. And over-full of peeve. (He even snarked at PJ on Facebook.) But readers are smart, they saw through it.

Some folks never get it, it's like they think there is too much Free software and it's time to restore the balance, or something equally bizarre. Less freedom is always the easiest route to take, anyone can do that :)

Bob_Robertson

Oct 02, 2009
12:11 PM EDT
> Less freedom is always the easiest route to take, anyone can do that :)

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PJ has always hit me as someone with a remarkable dedication to the simple truth. Her efforts to document everything, accept little or nothing just on assertion, has been one of the defining attributes of Groklaw.
tuxchick

Oct 02, 2009
1:19 PM EDT
The universe has tilted-- all in the same week az, me, and Bob find something to agree on. *faints*

PJ puts professional journalists to shame. Though the industry has changed a lot, and it's rare to see any real deep investigative reporting anymore because the mandate is to chase pageviews and please advertisers. Interesting times ahead.
number6x

Oct 02, 2009
1:51 PM EDT
This explains the earthquakes, tsunamis, and typhoons.
bigg

Oct 02, 2009
2:12 PM EDT
> PJ puts professional journalists to shame.

I disagree. She puts "professional journalists" to shame.
tuxchick

Oct 02, 2009
5:14 PM EDT
Good point, biggs.
tracyanne

Oct 02, 2009
7:53 PM EDT
Quoting:Less freedom is always the easiest route to take, anyone can do that

Indeed, and they do.
jdixon

Oct 02, 2009
9:30 PM EDT
> The universe has tilted-- all in the same week az, me, and Bob find something to agree on.

Well, PJ has that effect on discerning readers. :)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!