That's bad

Story: EU Wants to Re-define “Closed” as “Nearly Open”Total Replies: 4
Author Content
Sander_Marechal

Nov 02, 2009
5:43 PM EDT
That's quite bad. Any ideas which free software / open source group is going after this? I presume FSFe will. Any ideas?
henke54

Nov 03, 2009
9:47 PM EDT
The last sentence of that article is clear :
Quoting:So now might be a good time to start making a noise about this and spreading the word just in case the EU *is* on the brink of making such an ill-advised move....
Sander_Marechal

Nov 04, 2009
3:52 AM EDT
Yes, but the best people tomake noise about these are groups that have representatives/lobbyists in Brussles, like FSFe, NLNet, etcetera.
flufferbeer

Nov 05, 2009
9:47 PM EDT
Reminds me of Micro$uck$ EEE "embrace" of Open-ness. Put "Open" into as many things as it can, after all, the word "open" itself is not trademarked or anything. And has the EU already forgotten the whole OpenXML vs. ODF fiasco from several years back? How could I NOT be surprised if Micro$uck$ turns out to be one of the players behind the scenes in this re-definition of "Nearly Open". 2c
Sander_Marechal

Nov 06, 2009
4:00 AM EDT
I've heard EFF is also on top of this. Not to mention Henke's thread where he links to an article that says this is probably *not* a leaked 2.0 version of the document.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!