FOSS reality

Story: FOSS is rejected by CAN InfoTech NepalTotal Replies: 0
Author Content
dinoshrestha

Jan 14, 2010
4:05 AM EDT
Yo dawg,

My sympathy to your absence.. But lets be honest.

CAN Info-Tech 2009: I went to FOSS Nepal's desk located on the ground of Bhrikutimandap. They were holding loose papers and the desk didn't have anything productive except their own activities in black & white.

My Conclusion then: Why is the FOSS Nepal chapter even there. I mean I couldn't sign up for a membership though I have been a active FOSS user and I get Ubuntu and other FOSS software in my Post Box.

Again I am not against FOSS Nepal.. But for this organization to be taken serious, it needs to come out from amateurish outlook from Brihaspati School to the professional arena. I mean, I've developed and contributed to many google code and Source Forge projects and I have my very own little club of International FOSS Developers/Contributors.. So unless I can learn and/or exchange ideas with other seniors professional, don't expect me to be there, and don't expect others to want you guys to be there. Its simple as that.. Because quite frankly, FOSS Nepal looks like an amateurish geek club of wannabe teenagers.

I'm just being honest here.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!