This is the suit that never ends......

Story: A Blizzard of Motions in Limine in SCO v. NovellTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
dthacker

Feb 09, 2010
5:26 PM EDT
I'm 52 and and fair health. I expect this lawsuit to outlive me. Mom was right, I should have been a lawyer. Dave
Bob_Robertson

Feb 09, 2010
10:45 PM EDT
One of the problems of a monopoly legal system is that there is no incentive to just end it.

Any private adjudicator worth the title would have been stiffed in their directives to SCO for evidence once, maybe twice, and then summarily ruled against them.

Although I've been told more than once that by letting SCO hang themselves with their complete lack of any evidence, the result will be a ruling that cannot be appealed, I'm still waiting for any indication that a ruling will ever be forthcoming.

When this judge retires, the whole case will have to be re-tried for the new judge.
tuxchick

Feb 09, 2010
10:57 PM EDT
No kidding. Who cares if it is appeal-proof, if it never goes to a decision? Six years of zero evidence and repeated lies isn't good enough?
jacog

Feb 10, 2010
4:02 AM EDT
This is the suit that never ends yes, it goes on and on, my friend

Some day somebody started suing, not knowing what it was about and they'll continue suing forever just because...

....this is the suit that never ends...

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!