Traffic Squeezer - Open-Source Linux WAN Network Traffic Accelerator

Forum: LinuxTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
kiran_cyberpro

May 18, 2010
5:38 AM EDT
Traffic Squeezer is a free Open-Source Linux WAN Network Traffic Accelerator. URL: http://trafficsqueezer.org

Traffic Squeezer is free software, developed and distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). The software has been made free(open-source) so that it gives you the freedom to use a program, study how it works, improve it, and share it with others.

Traffic Squeezer does WAN Acceleration with the technologies such as Traffic Compression, Traffic PDU Coalescing, Protocol Specific Acceleration (ex: TCP Acceleration Mechanisms), Quality of Service, etc.

Traffic Squeezer uses a set of Lossless data compression algorithms. To do the same Traffic Squeezer uses the open-source Basic Compression Library with minor modifications so that the existing algorithms have been exposed in a form of APIs so that the same is called whenever there is a network-payload which has to be compressed.
gus3

May 18, 2010
11:18 AM EDT
This is dicey at best. The "Download" link took me to a login page, not a download page.
Sander_Marechal

May 18, 2010
4:32 PM EDT
I don't know. Large parts of it (GUIs et al) are also on sourceforge. It's not unheared of for open source software to ask you to register a free account before downloading. Sadly, bugmenot.com doesn't have any accounts for TrafficSqueeze.
kiran_cyberpro

May 20, 2010
11:57 AM EDT
Hi,

The download is pointed to the new portal, and the Traffic Squeezer is a all integrated portal for services, support and so on. Traffic Squeezer believes providing the quality you get out from a proprietary software with Open-Source base.

Look there how many open-source projects really you get with in-depth documentation, research etc put out there ?

Certainly this is the gap which exists with Open-source vs. non-Open-Source !

Signup/Login portal page is certainly annoying, but Traffic Squeezer more integrated all services provided via portal. Hence the option.

Best Regards !!
tuxchick

May 20, 2010
4:41 PM EDT
OK, but I still don't see a reason to register first.
Koriel

May 21, 2010
2:50 PM EDT
Yes why does it require a login, login should only be required if you intend to post/comment on something not to see the actual product.

I certainly wont be bothering with it, talk about going the wrong way about things this is no way to get the open source community behind your project if i am reading your website correctly. Dont know if its your intention but my SCAMDAR(tm) is positively screaming SCAM SCAM SCAM.

You cannot post until you login.