Doesn't work under Wine

Story: How to Watch Hulu.com in the UKTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
hkwint

May 21, 2010
9:53 AM EDT
I've recently tried to make this thing run under Wine.

However, it needs some 'low level' resources to the network stack that Wine doesn't have. There's some good article about it how to 'fix' Wine to make this works, which would take quite an effort.
tmx

May 21, 2010
12:36 PM EDT
Have you tried Tor or UltraVPN also? http://ultravpn.fr/forum/index.php?topic=204.0
gus3

May 21, 2010
2:09 PM EDT
Tor is often too slow to support video feed of any kind.
Koriel

May 21, 2010
3:13 PM EDT
The streaming video feed doesnt pass through the TOR network only certain page accesses that bypass the geo-location filters do.

I access HD BBC extremely reliably through TOR, but it does have to be setup correctly to do this and Foxyproxy is a big part of getting this to work also SelekTOR maintains a stable link to the Tor exit node with the smallest latency in order to keep the time it takes for the initial page accesses to a minimum and also keep the latency below 4000ms as most sites will timeout if the exit node latency is greater than this.

Please note this only applys to video streams the video download on the BBC website requires that you use a proper paid proxy in the UK.

On average it takes about 30 secs to access a BBC Iplayer stream on an exit node with a latency of about 900ms.

Ive done a lot of work on this in order to provide my family with as much free high quality TV as they can handle here in the USA.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!