A waste of time.

Story: Linux failed to satisfy old PC UsersTotal Replies: 7
Author Content
ComputerBob

Jun 12, 2010
11:39 PM EDT
The article is poorly thought-out and even more poorly written.
djohnston

Jun 13, 2010
2:25 AM EDT
Couldn't agree more. It's probably worse than the other post he refers to. Just no depth or analysis to it. There's a high probability all his posts will be similar. "You know what, I gave that Linux thing an honest try. I ran it for almost 2 hours and couldn't figure out how to do things the same way I do them in Windows." Then he gets a migraine and goes back to familiar territory.
bigg

Jun 13, 2010
9:42 AM EDT
This is probably the lowest quality article I've ever read at LXer, and that's saying a lot. No depth at all. Obviously there only to get clicks.
Jeff91

Jun 13, 2010
3:20 PM EDT
Wow really? This is "Today's Big Story"? That really depresses, I really enjoy lxer in general but this is just sad/disappointing.

~Jeff
Sander_Marechal

Jun 13, 2010
3:47 PM EDT
Quoting:Wow really? This is "Today's Big Story"?

Well, you guys made it Today's Big Story :-) The big story is picked automatically based on the number of reads and the number of comments on a story.
jezuch

Jun 13, 2010
3:51 PM EDT
Article? It's just a rant.
ComputerBob

Jun 13, 2010
6:42 PM EDT
Apparently, if you warn everyone to not bother wasting their time on a poorly thought-out and even-more-poorly-written article, it makes them want to read it even more.
caitlyn

Jun 13, 2010
6:43 PM EDT
I think this is great. This article, and is previous one telling us why nobody should try Linux (and he hadn't, of course) show that some people are too incredibly stupid to write coherently or use a computer. Let him stick with Windows and malware. Somehow I don't think he'll hurt Linux adoption.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!